The year is 1775. The American colonies have begun to stockpile arms and organize militia in outrage over new taxes imposed upon them by Great Britain. On April 18th, militia members ambush a column of 700 British Redcoats ordered to seize stockpiled arms.
273 British soldiers are killed or wounded before they reach safety in Boston. The American Revolution has begun! Players take the roles of the American Continental Army and Patriots against the British Army and the Loyalists. Each side tries to control the colonies, provinces and territories. They call on the aid of Native Americans, as well as the German Hessians and French Army in order to successfully birth a revolution or quell the rebellion. The four factions each use their own deck of cards to move their units into postions.
Battles are resolved quickly with custom dice. If you can control an entire colony, province or territory you raise a flag. When the game ends with the signing of the Treaty of Paris, the side with the most flag markers is the winner.
* 1775 is an area control game that is great for head-to-head or up to 4-player team play.
* 1775 Rebellion is the second title in the Birth of America series after 1812 - The Invasion of Canada.
* The perfect introduction to historical and strategy boardgames!
* 2014 Origins Wargame of the Year, 2013 Boardgamegeek Golden Geek Award for Best Wargame
* 2-4 Players, 1-2 Hours, 10+